£30,000 to £35,000 p.a. / Permanent / London
An exciting new opportunity to join a great Merchant Bank, which has established a leading reputation in the UK market. Through encouraging fresh thinking, the right candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to develop a long term career.
If you are looking for a boring role in a sleepy business, this role is definitely not for you.
Purpose of the role To assist and support the Finance Manager and Financial Controller (FC) in understanding and the preparation of the Central divisions monthly performance and providing tight financial control over the balance sheet and P&L. Key Responsibilities General:
· Responsible for preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· Support in preparing monthly management accounts, including detailed variance analysis with an ability to understand and explain these movements
· Reconcile and prepare intercompany settlements
· Support in preparing the Interim and Year end reporting deliverables to Group
· Support in preparation of quarterly VAT returns
· Assist in the monthly payroll reconciliation process
· Contribute to ad-hoc projects working with FP&A and wider Bank Finance team as necessary
· Contribute to the divisions process improvements
· Support in the monthly intercompany recharge process Risk & Compliance
· Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required Skills & Experience Essential:
· Good Excel / IT skills and competent at working with large volumes of data
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; for example looking at large amounts of data to identify trends
· Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable items
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Has a curious and proactive mind-set and understand the why
· Works well within teams and able to engage with a variety of people across multiple departments.
· Must be prepared to get involved in a wide variety of tasks.
· Previous experience working in financial services or property. If no previous industry experience then demonstrates a strong desire to learn
· Experience with SAP general ledger · Experience with Alteryx Education & Qualifications Essential:
· Trainee Accountant who would like to study for CIMA, ACCA or equivalent Desirable
· Degree educated or equivalent