£28,000 to £30,000 p.a. / Permanent / London
Senior Accounts Payable, working within a global charity, based in central London
An Accounts Payable role for a recognisable Charity. This is an extremely exciting time to be getting involved with this company as they are currently going through a huge restructure and are on the look out for new talent.
This person will ensure all suppliers, grantees and staff expenses are paid accurately and in a timely manner, balance sheet accounts are reconciled and VAT is correctly recorded.
· Ensure all supplier invoices, grant payments, staff expenses, credit card statements and petty cash transactions are posted in the finance system.
· Liaise with suppliers on disputed items, negotiate payment terms and escalate issues as necessary.
· Ensure all expenditure bank account reconciliations are completed and all bank transactions are recorded.
· Ensure VAT on purchase invoices and expenses are correctly recorded and assist in the preparation of the VAT returns.
· Maintain the fixed asset register, prepare monthly depreciation charges, review asset details with IT, Facilities and Legal to ensure asset values are up to date.
· Reconcile all current asset and liability codes within the balance sheet (excluding those that relate to income).
· Line manage accounts assistants – expenditure including setting of appraisals and development plans.
· Ensure expenditure and fixed asset information on the intranet and finance team policies and procedures are up to date.
· Contribute to financial control month end and year-end audit processes
· Contribute to financial control month end report.
We are looking for;
· AAT/ACCA studier or looking to study
· Must be a proactive character and have an inquisitive mind
· Mature working approach and able to lead by example
Not for profit experience is desirable but not essential
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.