£70,000 to £80,000 p.a. / Permanent / London
Financial Controller, Media, Central London, GBP75,000
**DDS or MediaOcean experience essential
My client, a fast growing Media agency is looking to recruit a Financial Controller in to their London Finance team.
To effectively manage and control all aspects of the agency’s monthly financial close process and compliance – including financial accounting and reporting, payroll, VAT and corporation tax compliance. The role will report into the CFO and lead a team of 3.
Key responsibilities · Run the month end close process, locking off all ledgers and finalising Trial Balances of all group companies for the Head of FP&A/Management Accountant
· Preparing and presenting to the CFO, the consolidated position of the group on a monthly basis to established timetables. This includes profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements
· Updating and maintaining the group’s cash flow and balance sheet model each month, based on actual performance and latest forecasted future activity
· Monitor and control the chart of accounts and entity structure in the financial accounting software (MediaOcean)
· Review and approve all monthly payroll administration, and ensure the monthly payroll runs seamlessly to well established timetables
· Ownership of the overhead budget of the group – ensuring spend is adequately controlled and monitored, and variances understood, plus overseeing the processing and payment of overheads via the payables team
· Review and approval of monthly accruals and prepayments – trading and overheads.
· Managing the capital accounting of the group, ensuring capital items are depreciated per policy
· Review and approve ALL balance sheet control accounts daily (cash only) monthly, quarterly or annually as appropriate. Major areas include cash, sales ledger control, purchase ledger control, media accruals , inter-company accounts and tax/salary control.
· Lead the completion of annual statutory accounts for review by CFO to established timetable
· Manage the external audit, ensuring that their deliverables listing is provided to an agreed timetable and that all balance sheet reconciliations and other such control accounts are made fully available
· Manage the preparation and completion of tax or governmental returns as is necessary on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis
· Review and approve the monthly VAT return, using established reports and timetables
· Manage the Corporation and deferred tax accounts of the agency, including compliance and payments on accounts, liaising with Auditors and other advisers as appropriate
· Managing, coaching and developing direct reports
Key skills & qualifications · Qualified CCAB Accountant – preferably ACA/ACCA
· 2-3 years post qualification experience in media finance roles
· Graduate or equivalent
· Intermediate Excel skills
· Must have managed staff