£55,000 to £62,000 p.a. / Permanent / London
Senior FP&A Analyst, FTSE 100, Central London, Paying up to GBP62,000
Our client, a FTSE 100 is looking for a Senior Analyst to join their FP&A team where youll provide central support and analysis to senior stakeholders within the Group. Youll be responsible for managing the 3 year financial plan and in year re-forecast as well as leading the analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual results and providing explanations to financial and non-financial variances across the Group.
· Manage and co-ordinate the business plan and forecasting process including setting out timetables, providing guidance notes to business units, supporting business units in making submissions, ensuring budget uploaded to system and producing presentations to support approval at board.
· To provide expert understanding of the methodologies adopted in financial and non financial reporting.
· To investigate any material or significant variances in performance from budget / forecast / prior year providing analysis to senior stakeholders including identification of risks, issues and opportunities.
· Ensure Investor Relations team is provided with historical and expected future performance statistics on a timely basis to support external announcements.
· Provide financial information and analysis as required for regulatory submissions
· Support the ongoing improvement and standardisation of forecasting and planning processes, tools and systems in order to help drive efficiency and accuracy.
· Perform variance analysis and support month / quarter / year end processes as required
· Special projects and ad-hoc analysis as assigned.
· Educate and develop finance staff where appropriate and contribute to effectiveness of the broader finance team
· Qualified Accountant, with CCAB Qualification
· An understanding of Group performance reporting processes, systems and objectives.
· Knowledge of financial and non financial measures and processes
· Good communication skills both verbal and written, especially the ability to interact with management and financial staff regarding financial issues
· Able to create and maintain good relationships with key business stakeholders and be recognised as a partner
· Ability to think creatively and analytically and to challenge others where appropriate
· Computer literate in particular with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Have a flexible, open-minded approach, being able to manage several requirements simultaneously and be able to deal with periods of intense pressure
· A self-starting approach and attention to detail is essential
· Experience / desire to manage and develop others in the team